The case of In Re Hazlett has changed the landscape for consumer bankruptcy attorneys across the nation. Bankruptcy attorneys now have clear guidance on how the UST with analyze bifurcated fee structures in chapter 7 cases. This case has far-reaching implications on the consumer bankruptcy practice.
In regards to the case, Cliff White, Director of US Trustee’s office said he “commend[s the Hazlett] opinion to your attention because the careful reasoning of the court.”
Get insider insight and information on the Hazlett case by the attorney who prevailed against the UST. Learn about:
- Arguments Made By the UST
- Arguments Made Opposing Sanctions
- Lessons Learned by Debtor’s Counsel
- Keys to Structuring Bifurcated Payments
- What Hazlett means for your Consumer Bankruptcy Practice